Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 01 – Jocelyn & Daniel - Chili Topped Potatoes

Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Cindy Manning Barr

Menu:

Grocery Shopping List

  • 2 Bananas $0.60
  • 1 Yellow Onion $0.69
  • 4 large Potatoes $3.49
  • 1 lb Ground Beef $5.29
  • 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes with Chiles $1.79
  • 15.2 oz can Corn Whole Kernel $0.75
  • 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes $1.39
  • 15.5 oz can Pinto beans $1.29
  • 1 envelope Ranch dressing mix $1.69
  • 1 envelope Taco seasoning mix $1.00
  • Milk ($.25/cup)

Total: $18.16 + tax (based on Giant prices in VA)

* Please note that this makes enough chili for two meals. Please freeze the remainder and have another time. I usually buy hamburger in large quantities and freeze when it's on sale, so I don't spend that much on hamburger. I feel like potatoes are usually cheaper. How much do you spend on hamburger and potatoes?

4 comments:

  1. This looks yummy. We're going to have this next Monday. Nice job pricing out your meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this with ground turkey (because that's what's in my freezer). I'll let you know how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good. Haven't had a stuffed potato for a long time. So it's time! I will add potatoes to my shopping list (and tomatoes with chili, have never seen it). Thanks for great dinner idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had this a couple of weeks ago. I did the chili in the crock pot, so it was super easy. I think I like other chili recipes better though. Mom, what's your chili recipe?

    ReplyDelete